P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.

When I re someone company, is it important to have an

Customer Question

When I hire someone for my company, is it important to have an employment agreement? If so, what are the important points to have?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

It is essential you have an "agreement"...this protects you and the employee.

The key elements of the agreement will be the duties of the employee, the compensation (pay) they will receive in return for fulfilling those duties as well as any additional requirements that you (the employer) will have (for example, do you require they wear a uniform? Do you have a policy on how employees will conduct themselves)?

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
let me review your answer one moment

Let me know if you have more questions