J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.

If your in a partnership and you want out and your partner

Customer Question

if your in a partnership and you want out and your partner does not but you own the logo can you start another business with that logo
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. Unfortunately if you take the logo currently used for the partnership you would likely find yourself on the defended side of a civil suit to prevent you from use and also any damages it might have caused the partnership.

I realize how frustrating it is when you are in a partnership situation and one partner is wanting to dissolve the partnership and the other does not. If the other partner is not willing to buy you out or just let you leave in exchange for the logo you will have to resort to either mediation or court intervention to terminate the partnership and/or force a buyout. There are business mediation law firms that will mutually attempt to resolve business partnership issues but it may be more effective for you to retain local counsel to assist you with persuading the other partner that it is time to dissolve the partnership and move on and if not it can get really expensive and time consuming if he/she is not willing to be reasonable.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons). I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!