How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6385
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Marverick, I have a dilemma the court where I filed my suit

Customer Question

Marverick,I have a dilemma the court where I filed my suit wants me to pay for each one of my complaints and I have 3 complaints for the person. The total would amount to $955 for filing how can I make 3 complaints one complaint from the document I sent you via email last week.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers. [Proof that you are in good hands].

Let me find that and I will be back...

Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

ANSWER: You should be able to file all three claims in just one document and under one complaint; even if they are for different incidents. For example, I could sue my neighbor for assaulting me today and sue him for breaching a contract with me because he did not pay for the lawn mower I sold him last year and put both causes of action in the same complaint and file it so long as it is within the dollar limit jurisdiction of the court.

Related Business Law Questions