MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My brother passed away recently he payed on s life insurance

Customer Question

My brother passed away recently he payed on his life insurance beginning 2004 he just made a payment over the phone
The rep took the payment even changed the beneficiary , but when I to Pay for his funeral, The insurance company says it was insufficient buns on his policy since they did not tell him that day that The payment did not go through, is there something we can do to get this matter solved , thank you ,***** *****
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You can sue the insurance company for breach of contract. You could be successful if it is determined that the insurance company committed some act which was a breach of the insurance contract and that would entitled you to the life insurance proceeds. For example, if the insurance company did not send the proper notices as required by the contract as to the expiration of the policy.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.