Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My brother passed away recently he payed on s life insurance

Customer Question

My brother passed away recently he payed on his life insurance beginning 2004 he just made a payment over the phone
The rep took the payment even changed the beneficiary , but when I to Pay for his funeral, The insurance company says it was insufficient buns on his policy since they did not tell him that day that The payment did not go through, is there something we can do to get this matter solved , thank you ,***** *****
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers. [Proof that you are in good hands].

1. Can you tell me the approximate date that your brother made the payment over the phone?

2. Can you give the date he passed away?

3. Did your brother sign something in writing to change the beneficiary?

4. Is the insurer now denying the claim or are they just asking you to make a final payment?

5. Did you see if the payment your brother made on the phone cleared his bank, credit card, debit card?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1.7/15/ 20016
2.yes the credit card cleared
Yes it shows I am the beneficiary
yes they are denying the claim
He payed with a credit card and shows that it cleared, thy will not excepts payment
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Based on this Texas case, I think it would be worth your while to consider the phone call option that I proposed so we can get to the bottom of what is going on:

U.S. District Court Judge John McBryde granted the insurer’s motion for summary judgment because the life insurance beneficiary failed to follow the proper procedure to reinstate a lapsed life insurance policy. In Hall v. Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company, 4:13-CV-394-A, 2014 WL 642802 (N.D. Tex. Feb. 18, 2014)