Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

What kind of lawyer is needed to defend against removal of

Customer Question

what kind of lawyer is needed to defend against removal of proprietary information
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you provide a few more facts to put this into context?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
authorized copy of files containing proprietary data on my portable hard drive. I should have left the drive when I left the company, but failed to do so. I have not used or shown the files to anyone in a way that violates my NDA. Recently erased the files, but it will become known that i took the files through a security questioniare. How can I defend myself ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive anything saying you had responded.

In a case like yours you would want a civil trial lawyer and you can find one at The lawyer will need to examine the specific NDA to see if it was actually violated and how to defend against the allegation. Many times the employers don't pursue this once they know a lawyer is involved because they have the burden of proof.