Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in Michigan, which collects personal income tax. I

Customer Question

I live in Michigan, which collects personal income tax. I just applied to form a s corporation in Wyoming, which collects no income tax, through a web service www.mynewcompany.com . Can I avoid to pay personal income tax to Michigan? Which address should I use for the business address - a question asked in the application form? I just put in the Las Vegas address of www.mynewcompany.com. Is it OK? My new assignment will be in California, which has high state income tax. I don't want to give California address as the business address...Plus I may have new assignment in another state. It can change. Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I live in Michigan, which collects personal income tax. I just applied to form a s corporation in Wyoming, which collects no income tax, through a web service www.mynewcompany.com . Can I avoid to pay personal income tax to Michigan?

Response 1: No, if you live in Michigan, you must pay the Michigan's personal income tax.

Which address should I use for the business address - a question asked in the application form? I just put in the Las Vegas address of www.mynewcompany.com. Is it OK?

Response 2: If you live in Michigan, you must use Michigan address. So, you would be able to avoid the personal income tax.

My new assignment will be in California, which has high state income tax. I don't want to give California address as the business address...Plus I may have new assignment in another state. It can change. Thanks.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.