Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I'm looking non-compete agreement that would work

Customer Question

I'm looking for a non-compete agreement that would work internationally, namely to prevent off-shore software developers from taking software they are developing for us and simply rebranding it and giving it to another client or selling it themselves. Pakistan is the company but we also work with companies in other countries as well.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

You want a noncompete and nondisclosure agreement as well as a contract that says anything they develop with your funds is owned solely by your company. The challenge is that if there is a breach, you would need to file suit in Pakistan in order to enforce it where lawsuits are lengthy and ineffective. There are plenty of templates you can find online and just revise those to say that the governing law is in Pakistan.

It may be beneficial for us to talk via telephone to figure out how best to address these issues. There are additional charges.