Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We are in the process of forming an LLC and have asked

Customer Question

We are in the process of forming an LLC and have asked individuals to make a significant loan amount ($10,000 plus) to become a member of the LLC. For that loan, once the LLC becomes profitable we will start to pay back the loan with a nominal (.5%) interest. In addition some people want to contribute a smaller amount $2,000, that we plan to treat as a contribution to the LLC and does not include becoming a member nor receiving a payback of the contribution. Is this treatment approach okay?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Yes, it is okay. However, you need to make sure that all these things are clearly spelled out in your Operating Agreement. For sample Operating Agreement, click here.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.