MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I have an LLC registered to the state of Delaware. Since the

Customer Question

Hello, I have an LLC registered to the state of Delaware. Since the company was not generating enough revenue I was unable to afford the franchise tax and registered agent fee. I was wondering if there are any legal ramifications to simply allowing the LLC to be forfeited.
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Delaware
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. If the company has any unpaid debts to any creditors, then they will be coming after the company for payment of those debts. Simply allowing the company to be forfeited does not extinguish the responsibility for the payment of those debts. You would still need to wind down the company.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.