Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I'd like to know how to protect my real estate from law

Customer Question

I'd like to know how to protect my real estate from law suit
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ca
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Ca recently passed a new labor law in 2016 which can hold officer personally liable for wage suit from employees. LLC no longer shield anymore. Make me nervous to do business in Ca now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Are you referring to this?

Labor Code:

558.1. (a) Any employer or other person acting on behalf of an employer, who violates, or causes to be violated, any provision regulating minimum wages or hours and days of work in any order of the Industrial Welfare Commission, or violates, or causes to be violated, Sections 203, 226, 226.7, 1193.6, 1194, or 2802, may be held liable as the employer for such violation. (b) For purposes of this section, the term "other person acting on behalf of an employer" is limited to a natural person who is an owner, director, officer, or managing agent of the employer, and the term "managing agent" has the same meaning as in subdivision (b) of Section 3294 of the Civil Code. (c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit the definition of employer under existing law.

Do you have directors and officers liability insurance?

Who handles your payroll, an outside accountant or someone in house?