Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I'm looking to get a limited license to print some tshirts

Customer Question

I'm looking to get a limited license to print some tshirts using DC Comics and Marvel. It's a 3 day event and want to use it for those 3 days only. What would i need?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

Marvel and DC are very protective of their property. Before approaching them I would suggest having a nondisclosure agreement signed by them. This would allow you to discuss your idea with them without them stealing your idea or design. Once you Have permission they would need you to sign some sort of license or royalty agreement wherein they give you documented permission to use their intellectual property.