Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I signed a copy of a contract with a company as they asked

Customer Question

Hi I signed a copy of a contract with a company as they asked me to be proactive and i did
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: england then when they sent the originals out in the post they had changed the minutes in the contract and added more information in that was not on the email am I bind to this
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I want to see where I stand as I want to pull out I'm seeing red flags with the project
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They are telling me that I have shown intention to start and is legally bound but then saying that the email signed copy is not good enough when it is a question that does not suit them and I have to sign the originals in the post
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

No you are not bound by the changes to the contract that were unilaterally added after your signature. You are bound by the contract as you signed it.