Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I purchased a car on Ebay in May of 2014. Yesterday, the car

Customer Question

I purchased a car on Ebay in May of 2014. Yesterday, the car broken down with a terminal timing chain issue at 37,000 miles.
I found out at the dealer that the car was totaled previous to being rebuilt and sold to me. This information was never mentioned on the listing and I had no idea that this was the case, or I wouldn't have purchased it.
This is misrepresentation as the listing was fraudulent because it didn't saw the car was totaled.
Do I have a legitimate case for a lawsuit even over two years later?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Yes, you do.

You can file lawsuit for material misrepresentation and for refund of the purchase price.

You need to go to your local Courthouse in the Clerk's office to obtain complaint forms.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.