Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Our Boat slip condo association is on site with a developer

Customer Question

Our Boat slip condo association is on site with a developer of a resort / hotel, the developer has stacked the board with his son as vice president, real estate man as the treasurer and collected 3 million dollars in special assessment fees for improvements within 60 days , it is now 6 months and we as condo owners have no assess to our property.
What can we do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you know what the special assessments have been used for? Have the owners been provided an accounting by the Board?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No , after 6 months of partial re construction , construction is moving at a snails pace, no letters fron Board president as to job scheding, deadlines, nor finish dates.
No accounting update is provided
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
scheduling

Well, what you can do is sue the Board and it's members. They would technically be in violation of the condominium documents as well as various Florida Statutes under Sections 712 or 720 depending on whether they are a homeowners or condo association.