Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

Several years ago after reading about Asset Protection, my

Customer Question

Several years ago after reading about Asset Protection, my husband and I set up two single-member LLCs (in Georgia) to each hold 50% title to our home. Both LLCs contain the clause that the LLC will terminate within 90 days of the death of the SMLLC owner. We are now looking at that scenario and wondering how that works! If one of us were to die and their LLC is terminated, what happens to the title on our home?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
You need to amend the provision to provide that the LLC will not terminate upon the death of the owner. Otherwise, your property will be in limbo when one of you dies since any action affecting title will need the consent of all owners. Therefore, remove that provision about termination on death of the owner.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.