RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I want to register a legal alias, Nj, No, No,

Customer Question

I want to register a legal alias
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Nj
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

Information on how to register an alternate name for a business in NJ can be found here. It notes in part:

After a business entity has been established or receives authorization to do business in New Jersey, it may legally do business under an alternate name once the alternate name is ***** ***** applies to profit and non-profit corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships. The selection of the alternate name is ***** ***** to name availability requirements as those for the business entity name. Although the registration of the alternate name will not provide exclusive rights to its usage, it will legally link the name to the corporate entity and enable the business to use the alternate name for financial, advertising and other business purposes. The fee is $50.00 per transaction. The registration of the alternate name will be effective for five years and may be renewed for five-year periods.

The form needed to register an alternate name can be found here.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars,as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you!