Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am no longer a partner in a business, the co applied loan

Customer Question

I am no longer a partner in a business, the co applied for a loan and the bank wants to see where I sold my stock to new partner what do I need to do
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No it's fairly simple
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to show the bank that you are no longer a partner with proof of the sale to the new partner. The business should have that proof in their files. If not, you need to show the bank the proof you sold your interest to a new partner as they asked.