Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

My question is if I am selling gift cards on line and the

Customer Question

My question is if I am selling gift cards on line and the buyer buys them but later finds out they are only good in California (states it right on card) can they withhold payment of another sale to them due to not being able to ise the previous cards? shouldn't they have to pay for the new order and come after me for the cards that were unusable to them? shouldn't they have when verifying the balance saw that it was printed on the card what location it was good at? this seems like its their fault but are trying to screw me out of my $
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

Hello

I wll be assisting you today.

If the limitations were disclosed or a buyer could reasonably have discovered through the disclosure based upon the card before purchase that the cards were only usable in California, the buyer should pay you for all orders. However, any order not already paid for, you remedy would be to sue them for breach of contract which may not make sense depending upon the amount involved. Small claims court may be the best option. Here is a link to the process if you were to sue in small claims court: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1008.htm

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance or your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.