Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I do not have a NDA, but I would like to share a business

Customer Question

I do not have a NDA, but I would like to share a business idea with some friends. I wanted to know if I could use a video camera having them say the date and that they are not going to disclose any information I share with them regarding my business plan?
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They live in Austin, TX and I live in AZ, but I am visiting them now. I forgot to bring my NDA with me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

While you can use the videocamera and it is better than nothing at all, it is still not as good as an NDA drafted by an attorney and would leave you open to issues. There are really too many issues to even cover but just a couple of examples are that they don't have a document they can have an attorney review before they sign it and so they can claim they didn't understand and then it is also extremely unlikely that you can be as comprehensive on video as you can in the NDA.

So it is better than nothing, but still leaves you open to issues down the road.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.