Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

LOCAL FRANCHISED UTILITY COMPANY CONDUCTS REGULAR BOARD

Customer Question

lOCAL FRANCHISED UTILITY COMPANY CONDUCTS REGULAR BOARD MEETINGS IN VIOLATION OF THE FLORIDA SUN-SHINE LAWS.
sunshine lAWS ;A
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NOT YET. I ASKED PAM BONDI IF SUNSHINE LAW APPLIED TO ELECTED OFFICIALS REPRESENTING 47,000 MEMBER-OWNERS OF A LEE COUNTY FRANCHISED COMPANY. THE UTILITY COMPANY IS A QUASI-GOVERNMENT AGENCY OPERATING UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF A COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS FRANCHISE GRANTED TO SERVE EXCLUSIVELY MEMBERS OF THE COMPANY.
TTHE YE UTILITY IS A PUBLIC SERVICE COMOPANY SEMI-GOVERNMENT CUD unshine lAW Y
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: IT IS A NOT FOR PROFIT CORPORATION
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding this matter, since you have already sent your complaint to the Attorney General regarding this violation of the Sunshine laws?