Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate
18215332

Who is resonpible the Bond in place before a GM set foot

Customer Question

Who is resonpible for having the Bond in place before a GM set foot into our Business? I don't think the GM ever obtained one. I picked up FOUR arrests for criminal trafficking on three different background checks and our lawyers keep giving us the run around when we request a copy of it. WE WANT TO SEE IT! Since your telling us to go to the Bondmen with our issues, we are now even more concerned about this. This guy is now Bragging to our staff about his weekend boozing and "coke" parties and was found guilty for embezzling his parents estate the week after he became the GM for us. MY son found a letter stating this and he has to pay back a few hundred thousand dollars to his family! Also, how do I go about hiring a "reputable" investigator? Do law firms have a list or should I call the Better Business Beureau? We want this guy OUT Quickly but can't afford to be ripped off any more.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

I presume that the Receiver had posted a surety bond before taking over. This would have been specifically set out in the court order appointing him. The surety bond is filed with the court and is part of the case record. It is public. It would be the Receiver who is under bond, not the GM who would be an employee of the Receiver.