LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 25 years experience in the practice of law.
15277592

Can an independant contractor be sued s skills at other

Customer Question

Can an independant contractor be sued for applying his skills at other companies?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Michael,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You asked: Can an independant contractor be sued for applying his skills at other companies? Yes, but only if that independent contractor has a non-compete agreement as part of their contract with the company they have the existing relationship with.

So if company A hires you to work for them as an independent contractor and you don't sign a non-compete agreement with A, then you are free to also go to work for company B.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can i send you my employment application and have you review it and discuss through the phone what i can and cant do, i believe there were some non-compete clauses as part of my application?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

When I offer a phone call it does not include the review of documents. I am willing to call you, and if you want you can type the clause you think is a non-compete clause here, and we can discuss it on the phone.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug