J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

Can the same person serve as both President and Secretary of

Customer Question

Can the same person serve as both President and Secretary of a non-profit corporation in Georgia?
JA: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I am a paralegal, inquiring about the HOA where I live. One person is everything!
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The HOA was formed by two corporate entities, one of which is now defunct for failure to pay annual registration fees and the other is a foreign corporation, incorporated in Florida.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes it is possible. Under O.C.G.A. 14-3-840 “(d) Unless otherwise provided in the articles or bylaws, the same individual may simultaneously hold more than one office in a corporation.” See source: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=O.C.G.A.+14-3-840.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.