Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I have a franchise in FL with a franchise agreement in the

Customer Question

i have a franchise in FL with a franchise agreement in the state of IL. does my franchisor need a franchise lisence in FL in order for the franchise agreement to be valid ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

There is a general exemption from having to register as a franchisor in FL if the person has filed an exemption. To get the exemption the franshisor must certify that they are in substantial compliance with Federal Trade Commission disclosure requirements. FL Statute 559.802. Here is a link to the statute. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0500-0599/0559/Sections/0559.802.html

For the above reasons, the answer to your question is that the franchisor does not need to register for a license to have a valid franchise agreement.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.