Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am in need of an attorney to help me in Sarasota, Florida

Customer Question

I am in need of an attorney to help me in Sarasota, Florida with small claims against my organization. We hired an independent contractor to provide consulting services for 2 of our clients, in which we did not fully pay her. the $ amount is ~$7,400 and she filed 3 claims (assuming because the limit is $5,000 in Florida). WE have an signed/executed MSA, that clearly states the choice of venue is in Illinois. I am told I need to file a cause for dismissal based on choice of venue and might need someone to appear in Sarasota courts on my company's behalf. Obviously, this is a small case and am looking for a law firm who might have younger and more cost effective attorneys. Thanks, Jan
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks.I'm new to this site.

No worries. We simply cannot violate state laws and we appreciate your understanding.