J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

I ow some money to and accounter that did got a final

Customer Question

I ow some money to and accounter that did got a final jugment against me. Now a check the page of clerk ans found she did an assigment of judment.from her as an Assignor to her as an Assigne. What does that meanthat means an assigment of jugdment that someone
JA: The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no that I now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

In general, this means that the plaintiff who was awarded a judgment was a business entity and they assign the judgment to the principal owner of the business. It now means that the accountant personally owns the judgment and has a right to collect instead of her as an accountant. Typically, an assignor will assign the judgment to a third party that purchases the debt and not to themselves. Regardless assignment of a judgment is permitted.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what can she do agaisnt me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can she take the money I have in the Bank?

Unfortunately, yes she can attempt to garnish wages and/or also garnish a bank account.

This is a civil matter and will not restrict you from traveling nor can you be criminally prosecuted or incarcerated for having a judgment for debt against you. You can not get arrested for having a judgment against you.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!