TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

How do you prove that your 50% owner of a business if

Customer Question

How do you prove that your 50% owner of a business if nothing is in your name except for the bank account that the credit card deposits for the business going
Category: Business Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

You would prove that you own 50% of a business with the written partnership agreement, or articles of incorporation (if a corporation), or articles of organization (if an LLC).

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What we had a verbal agreement of a 50/50 partnership and he says that he never said that after 2 years of us splitting all profits.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again.

The fact that he split profits 50/50 seems to indicate that you have a 50% ownership interest. But that's not as helpful as the legal documents that I described above.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!