Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.

I received a written offer estimate shed- kitchen from a

Customer Question

I received a written offer estimate for outdoor shed- kitchen from a general contractor. He billed me an invoice 25% to start the work - $5750.00 . But now after he submitted all the permits he increased his offer double and I already paid him on the first proposal he made me.
JA: The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: not as I know, I used the same contractor 2 years ago, no problem but now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 5 months ago.

Ask the contractor to explain why did the price double? Also, you can threaten to sue for breach of contract to negotiate a lower price.