Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

If you name is jonh and you sign a business lease under the

Customer Question

If you name is ***** ***** and you sign a business lease under the John JOE LLC CAN YOU BE USED INDIVIDUALLY UNDER JOHN joe ? IF RENT I DUE
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The owner of an LLC cannot be personally sued for the organization's debts, unless he signs as a guarantor. The fact that the organization happens to have the same name as the individual doesn't create liability. Usually, the way to sign something like this would be "John Joe for John Joe, LLC." The "for" lets people know you're signing on behalf of the business. And as long as the contract makes it clear that the LLC is the one entering the agreement, you shouldn't have any problems.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?