Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

Y girl friend from Ghana is traveling to Lafayette,

Customer Question

y girl friend from Ghana is traveling to Lafayette, Louisiana and she said she was going to bring me a surprise. She debarked Ghane at 22.40 on 5-21 -16 and she arrived at Hethrol in London and was detained because she had gold boulion with her. The official asked he for the certified documents and she has not any. She is detained and I need to know what to do to get here released now.
JA: The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Thank you,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Corporate Lawyer should know?
Customer: Lloyd G Hargett
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She said to me that it was a gift to us for our marriage; and is was her gold and she did not know that any documents were required for her own gold. And if so how will these documents be provide at this point in travel so that she can continue he journey to Lafayette, Louisiana?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He Name is***** and she holds a U. S. A. Passport.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 5 months ago.
Hello.Have you met her in person before?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I have not meet her in person
OK, well, unfortunately this is a very typical romance scam that people in Ghana run on Americans. They find someone online and pretend to be involved in a relationship with them, and then get into some kind of trouble (detention, jail, etc.) that eventually culminates in them asking for the American to send them "bail money" or the like via Western Union. It is unfortunate but people have taken advantage of many Americans like this. You can Google "Ghana romance scams" and there are dozens and dozens of stories like this. You can contact the US Embassy in the United Kingdom and they can confirm that this individual is not actually being detained in the UK:'m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately we see people a lot who get caught up with these scammers who prey on people on the Internet.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the good advise...
No problem. I hate to see it happen to good people! Good luck with your situation. I'd appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for my answer.