RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I am starting an online boutique in Texas. Sole proprietor

Customer Question

I am starting an online boutique in Texas. Sole proprietor but need to file DBA or (assumed name certificate) I can't figure out if it needs to be filed w/ Sec. of State or County Clerk or both. Also do I just need a seller's permit in addition to that?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Nothing needs to be filed with the Secretary of State for a sole proprietor. The DBA form would need to be filed at the county clerk's office in your county. As far as a tax permit, you'll need one of these for sales within the State of Texas. You can apply for one here: http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxpermit/ Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the speedy reply as I was reluctant to give my credit card. Thanks again, it answered my questions.
T. Kay
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 6 months ago.
You're welcome, and again, good luck to you!
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 6 months ago.
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer? If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited.