David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997
11661736

I contracted repairs. It actually became a 7 month ordeal

Customer Question

I contracted for auto repairs. It actually became a 7 month ordeal during which he stripped car and sold my parts. I Filed and received Small Claims judgement. The state of WA stated he had LLC. He has no real personal property. But his wife has full time job. Can I seek from her employer for husbands deceitful ways
Category: Business Law
Expert:  David L replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. When you filed suit, which parties did you name as defendant(s)? Did you sue his LLC, or did you sue him personally?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Small claims only to vendor Judgement issued for no show. No point in suing as assest are not in his name. However, wife works. Can I garnish her wages
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any other suggestions ?
Expert:  David L replied 6 months ago.
You can't garnish a non-party. You can only enforce the judgment against your defendant. Is he still in business?
Expert:  David L replied 6 months ago.
His business must have some really nice tools and equipment. You could go after that.
Expert:  David L replied 6 months ago.
In small claims you can make the defendant give you a list of all their assets. I assume his tools would be enough to satisfy your judgment. That's where I would start - with the assets in his repair business. Good luck and feel free to follow up if I can help you further.