Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

My mother is an alumni of Capitol/EMI/Universal Records under

Customer Question

My mother is an alumni of Capitol/EMI/Universal Records under contract since 1962. We contacted them in 2008 and advise them that she had not been paid her residual royalty earnings and they began to send them.
JA: OK. The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No we need an entertainment lawyer
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Corporate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I began in the first paragraph. Universal has not responded to my calls since 2014. They are still using her recordings with the Stan Kenton Orchestra and reproducing them on new albums i.e. Divas in 2011 was distributed at Target, etc. We need guidance with this issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.Did you get all the royalties you were due in 2008 when you complained? Were the royalties for the performance rights or for being a composer on the music? What were the terms of her contract with the company? Were there different contracts and terms for different periods of time?