Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I was sent a HIPPA Business Associate Agreement to sign from

Customer Question

I was sent a HIPPA Business Associate Agreement to sign from a client. I need help to find out what I am actually signing.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I own a small company, a remote answering service. A client's agent sent me a contract to sign. I have attached it. I would like to know what I am signing. We are HIPPA compliant and have signed other paperwork but not with this much detail. Including the section on $1,000,000. liability insurance. Thank you in advance!
We're not really supposed to do anything with documents but if there are specific sections you have questions on and can identify them and ask the specific question I'll try and assist.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand. I will contact my personal attorney. Thank you.