Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am I non-US citizen, who resides outside of the US,

Customer Question

I am I non-US citizen, who resides outside of the US, however I own a Wyoming LLC. I am looking to setup an online ecommerce store that sells cigarettes through the LLC on a subscription basis for personal use. However I do not wish to sell to US customers at all, there will not be an option for the on the website. The cigarettes would come from outside of the US, and be sold to international customers. The cigarettes would not originate from the purchasers country. Is there any specific US license or regulation that the Wyoming LLC would have to comply with given the circumstances.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, that is the good thing about internet commerce right now, there are no special licenses or permits required. Even for your proposed business venture, since you are not selling any US product to US customers, there is no tobacco tax that is due or anything else. You can simply sell using your WY LLC as the conduit for sales.