Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Thanks assistance so far! The matter involves

Customer Question

Thanks for your assistance so far! The matter involves defamation including libel per se, as to ability to conduct my business or trade. The complaint includes two exhibits intended as exemplars, with one of them representing dozens of pages of such libel. As a result of a hearing on a motion to dismiss by defendants, the judge has undertaken (1) determine if the two exhibits represent libel per se, and (2) to have me as plaintiff proceed through about 400 pages of documents to identify for the defendants which statements I regard as libellous.The judge has indicated he will rule by the end of this month, and I'd like to get item (2) in front of him well prior to that. To do this by amendment to the complaint will take too long to be effective -- this past hearing was set three months after my request for one.What can I do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to go through those documents and you need to highlight the libelous statements and mark the pages or note the pages of the page numbers. Once you go through them and make the notes of what you believe was libelous you send a copy to the defendant and send a motion to amend evidence and attach the amended documents which are marked and with the pages listed where the libelous comments occur.