RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I was recently fired from my job, the employer wants me to

Customer Question

I was recently fired from my job, the employer wants me to sign a Preservation of Trade Secerts & Other Confidental Information form, so I don't turn him in for possible violations (tax & contractual). I'm not going to sign it. Can the business still come after me ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. I'm sorry to hear about your loss of employment.If you did not sign a confidentiality agreement, he/she/it is out of luck. If there was such an agreement, they could attempt to get an injunction and sue you for any damages they incurred as a result of your breach, but in the absence of an agreement, they can't keep you from talking. Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.
Was there anything else I could answer for you regarding this matter, or was there anything you needed me to clarify?