TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Is it illegal to not have liability insurance bus

Customer Question

Is it illegal to not have liability insurance for your business?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. The answer to your question depends on a few factors, such as where the business is located, and what kind of business the business is engaged in. Can you provide a little more information? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My business is in Alhambra California and it is a salsa/ballroom dance nightclub restaurant and dance studio.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again. I couldn't find any law indicating that liability insurance is required. Of course, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be required by various lenders, landlords, etc. Also, it makes good business sense to have liability insurance. It would be a shame to lose your business to a single lawsuit due to some mishap. But again, I don't see any law indicating that it's required. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.