Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

If my Scorp has health insurance through Christain

Customer Question

If my Scorp has health insurance through Christain Healthcare Minsistries and one of of their requirements is that my employee is a Christian. Can you ask the employee before you hire him if he is a Christian? Can you ask an employee after you hire him if he is Christian? If he is not a Christian Can I pay him on top of his salary money to get his own health care?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, after you hire the employee and if his answer does not impact his employment, you can ask him if he is Christian to meet the qualifications of the healthcare plan. If he does not meet the qualifications then you can pay him for premiums the same amount that you would pay if he was accepted for the Christian insurance.