Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I own a business in a small community in Riverside. It has

Customer Question

I own a business in a small community in Riverside. It has its own Facebook page. Recently the property that the business add-on was bought and the business was forced to close. Customers and residents of the community ask questions regarding the sale and by who. It stated the fact that it was bought by a Korean couple. Now keep in mind this is on Facebook public forum or social network. A woman added that it was a racial remark and that I am a racist. Clearly I am not I have other races Ford employed by me. However the business was forced to move and 4 months later found a place to reopen. Getting back on Facebook and the Community page. A woman wrote that the old property and Shop was being bulldozed did anybody know anything about it and was going to be built there. If you answered with they knew nothing about it. However the same lady that called me a racist before had stated in her comment that the owner was full of stories and was a racist. Price now he's called me a racist in a public forum. And now opening the business again four months later in the same community business has suffered dramatically. I'm wondering do I have a case. With regard
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I'm using text talk so where there's a he must be replaced with a she
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I've been a business in this community for over 15 years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for. I want to be clear on some of the points you raise. Were you called racist because you said the business was being bought by a Korean couple? Other than saying you were a racist in what way did she state that accusation was reflected in how the business was conducted?