Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My church has its 501c3 but I cannot find confirmation that

Customer Question

My church has its 501c3 but I cannot find confirmation that we were ever incorporated. I need to get that done ASAP. What is the quickest way for me to incorporate my non-profit church
JA: The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Corporate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: This is a United Methodist Church. Operate under the rules of a Book of Discipline so we would have bylaws and officers elected, etc, but I don't know what papers we would need to file to become officially incorporated.
JA: OK. The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Which state? Have you checked with your Sec. of State's office to see if there is a record of the church incorporating?