Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

Are business required to have motorized scooters disabiled

Customer Question

are business required to have motorized scooters for its disabiled custumers
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Businesses are not required to provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs), individually prescribed devices (such as eyeglasses or hearing aids), or services of a personal nature (such as assistance in eating, toileting, or dressing), to customers with disabilities. A business may choose to provide services like this as a way to attract customers. For example, some large retail stores provide electric carts for use by customers while shopping. Some fancy dress shops provide assistance for a customer trying on clothes in the dressing room.The ADA does not require these services; it leaves it up to the business to decide what services it wants to provide. The ADA simply says a business should provide the same goods and services to all of its customers, including those with disabilities.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.