Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

I have been contacted by a of and Acquisition GroupNew York

Customer Question

I have been contacted by a ***** ***** of Foster and White Acquisition Group*****New York 10022 regarding the purchase of shares I own, citing CenterPoint Financial Regulatory Board Esquire Plaza*****17th floor Sacramento, California 95814 as the guarantor and Regulator one Axelle Dumont as agent and having as it's Chairman one Victor Rowland. The beneficiary account name claiming to be the destination of wire transfers to the regulator through US Central Bank Federal Reserve is "Overseas Holdings Compensation Commission (OHCC)". I am having problems with any depth of due diligence of these entities from the other side of the world and the validation of the Federal/Govt. Regulator. The signature beneath seal of the Notary Public District of Columbia is one Jean Bowen stamped "my comm. exp. 07/09/2016. I am having difficulty finding a list of DC notaries public. The shares are correct but of course are held under under Reg-S 144 as are a number of warrants requiring a fee to release. Most things seem to check out including talking to a shareholder in Australia who has sent funds and been supposedly paid out !. Still I am left wondering and cautious, help !?
Regards
Richard Fisher
New Zealand
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Richard,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Any time someone asks you to pay to sell them something, it's a scam. Most restrictions on transferring stock say a person can only sell when it reaches a certain price, and you can't pay to remove that. If there WERE issues that needed to be paid for before the stock could be released, the SELLER would pay that on their end as part of the purchase price. There is never any reason to pay someone to give you money. It's always a scam.

That Sacramento address is a virtual office building, meaning that people pay a monthly fee in order to have a mailing address that isn't a PO Box. Those are VERY popular with scam artists. There is no company in California called "CenterPoint Financial Regulatory Board." The state entity that oversees financial transactions is the California Division of Financial Institutions or the Department of Business.

The NY address is ALSO a virtual office building. And there is no company called Foster and White registered to do business in the state.

Based on everything you've said, I'm afraid this is a scam. If you send them money, you'll lose it. They're not going to pay you anything.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.