Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

We need a building to expand our assisted living business (very

Customer Question

We need a building to expand our assisted living business (very small). We feel we have complied with every agency request for over a year. We received wrong information, and when we protest, we are ignored and stonewalling never ends. Agencies involved are state public health department architects and state and local inspectors. If this treatment can be substantiated, is there any way to get around it to get the project approved?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
Very often, as the saying goes it's the squeaking wheel that gets the oil. Unless and until you become the squeaking wheel to those agencies, you can expect more of the same treatment. The best "oil" for the bureaucratic squeaking wheel is a sharp attorney, perhaps with political connections. Bureaucrats live in fear of those kinds of lawyers. Lawyers who have served in state legislatures are very powerful people, depending upon which party is in power in your state.If you hire one of those people, and you are within the bounds of the regs and codes, I like your chances. If not, you can expect more and more of the same treatment .
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.