socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Vic , I was managing member of a LLC and a default judgment

Customer Question

vic , I was managing member of a LLC and a default judgment was filed against LLC can they come after me personally ? company has no assets
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A supplier made product without a PO and sued LLC for unused inventory I did not fight it company was bust now 2 years later I just received a default judgment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 months ago.
Hello, If you signed a personal guarantee for the purchase, then you could be sued personally. Or, if the lawsuit names you as an "individual" defendant, then the default would apply to you personally (unless you obtained relief from judgment). If neither of the above apply, then the creditor cannot generally reach your personal assets. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!