Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

If someone has a blog and they use a pic from an online store

Customer Question

If someone has a blog and they use a pic from an online store as a link to an item of clothing from that store, is it legal? the blog does not sell anything; it just showing some examples of clothing from stores with the pics from that store as links to the items of clothing or other things.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear aboutthis unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney. Yes. It is generally legal to post links to other websites within a website / blog.I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you provide any links to any websites that talk about this as a reference for the future? it would be super helpful
Thank you for your follow up.Here is the link to the general legal information you have requested: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/website-permissions/linking/ I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know ifyou have any related follow up questions?If not, pleasepositively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.