Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I HAD AN OPEN HOUSE, I.M A REALTOR DURING THE SHOWING ANOTHER

Customer Question

I HAD AN OPEN HOUSE, I.M A REALTOR DURING THE SHOWING ANOTHER REALTOR CAME IN WITH THEIR CUSTOMER AND PURCHASED THE HOME - SO ON MY OPEN HOUSE IS IT LEGAL TO STEAL THIS HOME FROM ME?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for. My wife was a broker in multiple states for more than 30 years. If the customer is accompanied by their broker, the accompanying broker is entitled to the sales commission. The person running the open house, the listing broker, would be entitled to the listing commission. If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.