Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I am ***** *****, I own a small construction company in

Customer Question

HI! I am ***** *****, I own a small construction company in Denver and was recently fined $4000 for not properly testing a window I removed at a project back in Oct of 2015, they said they would reduce it to $2000 if paid within 30 days. This seams very excessive for what the infraction was, I am tempted to not pay it and fight it but nervous that the "deal" they made would go away...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was an addition and I removed a small area with had a window in it, I did a simple Home Depot test BUT they said that since I did not have a certified testing company test it that I am in the wrong and available to be penalized
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Just to make sure I know the lay of the land here, who is telling you that you must pay this money and how did they come into knowledge of the test that was conducted (allegedly not to spec)?

I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience.