Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

My case involves PayPal and my funds I am not able to access

Customer Question

My case involves PayPal and my funds for which I am not able to access or control. This "limitation," was placed after I was told that my account was not accessible due to an outstanding balance for which I supposedly owed from 2004. The balance was over 800.00 for which i owed to PayPal. Keep in mind, this was their reason to why my current account was inactive. Fair enough, I could not argue or contest this decision, only as the limitation was set for this reason and no other reason, I owed them 800.00 from an account dated 12 years ago. Unless mentioned and or explained in written notice by email, physical mail, or any other documented explanation as to why my account status was inactive, I was led to believe that the status involving my Paypal account was being dictated only by the status of a previous account that was in default. This prompted action on my behalf, with the intent to extinguish the balance of negative 800.00 and as a result, any current account would then become active. Paypal agreed. The agreement was set by Paypal for which given the stipulation involving first, paying off the 800.00 outstanding balance, this would then allow my current account ($5200.00) become active. The problem resolved! Well, approx. 2 days later, my account was again, inactive. .............Account inactivity was placed on my account due to the lack of proof that the items being sold by me were actually my items. They wanted me to provide them with purchase receipts for each item that i bought and later sold. Keep in mind, i am not using any PayPal affiliate site or company to sell my items. Paypal only provided an avenue for the funds to be transferred to me from the buyer. My items only involved Las Vegas Event / Show tickets for which payments were provided after the customer used the tickets and after the event was ended. Paypal was concerned that my transactions were likely to be fraudulent in some way or fashion. My account is on hold for 180 days because, they assume my transactions pose a certain level of risk.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question about this for us?
Have you contacted paypal to provide them with proof of where the funds in your account are coming from to show the funds are from legitimate transactions?